Saturday, April 23, 2016

Dewey's Read-a-Thon

Today is Dewey's Read-a-Thon - an event where book lovers all over the world read for 24 hours straight. I think this will be the 6th time I've participated. I managed to stay up the full 24 hours almost every time, so hopefully I can do it again and cross some books off my giant TBR list.


My book pile

The books:
  1. Fairy by Shane McKenzie
  2. Boom Town by Glenn Rolfe
  3. Linden Manor by Catherine Cavendish
  4. Zero Lives Remaining by Adam Cesare
  5. The Complex by Brian Keene
  6. The Manitou by Graham Masterton
  7. Elizabeth by Jessica Hamilton
  8. Out Are the Lights by Richard Laymon
  9. Faint of Heart by Jeff Strand
  10. In Odd We Trust by Dean Koontz and Queen Chan
My food pile

The snacks:
  • Spinach dip with pumpernickel bread and pita chips
  • Timbits
  • Tostitos and peach and mango salsa
  • Cheesestrings
  • Chocolate
  • Iced coffee

Opening Meme
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Oakville, Ontario
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

The Complex by Brian Keene - it came out in March and I've been saving it for the read-a-thon.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

Spinach dip - it has become a tradition for me to make it every read-a-thon.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

I'm addicted to buying books and was hoping to use today to make a dent in my TBR pile, but I bought five books just for the read-a-thon instead. Oh well!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

I'm hoping to read more books than I have previous read-a-thons because I'm six books behind on my Goodreads Reading Challenge and I want to catch up. I chose four books that are around 100 pages or less, so hopefully that will help. 

2 comments:

Will Errickson said...

Did you like ELIZABETH? It's one of my favorites of its era!

Melissa Helwig said...

I actually didn't get around to reading it, but plan to soon. I enjoyed Baxter/Hell Hound by Jessica Hamilton/Ken Greenhall, so I think I'll probably enjoy Elizabeth as well.