Sunday, April 24, 2016

Dewey's Read-a-Thon Wrap-Up

OK, so I fell asleep around 6:00 am - so close. I still managed to read five and a half books though - so close to my goal of six books. They were all short books so maybe that's not a big accomplishment, but even though it's not the most pages I've read during a read-a-thon, this is the most number of books I've read.

The last book I read before I fell asleep on the couch was half of the graphic novel, In Odd We Trust by Dean Koontz and Queenie Chan.

I had so much fun and can't wait until the next read-a-thon!

Total pages read: 643
End of Event Survey
  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? I guess 6:00 am because that was when I fell asleep.
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? All of the books I read this year (listed in question 6).
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season? No, I think everything was great!
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I liked the addition of a Facebook group. 
  5. How many books did you read? 5 1/2
  6. What were the names of the books you read? Fairy by Shane McKenzie, Boom Town by Glenn Rolfe, Linden Manor by Catherine Cavendish, Zero Lives Remaining by Adam Cesare, The Complex by Brian Keene, and half of In Odd We Trust by Dean Koontz and Queenie Chan.
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? I liked all of them, but I guess I enjoyed Linden Manor the most because I love a good ghost story.
  8. Which did you enjoy least? I enjoyed them all.
  9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I definitely plan on participating again in October as a reader.

No comments: