Saturday, April 23, 2016

Dewey's Read-A-Thon Update #2

Since my last post, I've finished two books: Boom Town by Glenn Rolfe and Linden Manor by Catherine Cavendish.

Boom Town is a fun novella about glowing blue alien slime taking over a small town, similar to the film, The Blob.

Linden Manor is a very creepy gothic horror novella about a woman investigating a nursery rhyme her great grandma used to sing to her.

Mid-Event Survey:

1. What are you reading right now?

Zero Lives Remaining by Adam Cesare

2. How many books have you read so far?

Three: Fairy by Shane McKenzie, Boom Town by Glenn Rolfe and Linden Manor by Catherine Cavendish.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

The Complex by Brian Keene - I've been saving it for when I get tired of reading.

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

My boyfriend got home from work around 6:00 pm, so I stopped reading to talk to him for a bit and eat dinner, but now he's playing video games, so I think I'll be able to get back to reading.

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

How many books I've been able to read. I've already read three and I'm pretty sure I only read three total last read-a-thon.

The delicious dinner my boyfriend made for me -
pork tenderloin medallions, brussels sprouts and cauliflower. 

No comments: