Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dewey's Read-a-Thon Update #1


I haven't gotten much reading done because my boyfriend has the day off and has proved to be quite a distraction. I ended up watching this week's episode of Parks and Recreation instead of reading. At least my boyfriend offered to turn the closed captioning so I would technically be reading.

I decided to finish reading the book I've been reading for the past week, The Blondes by Emily Schultz, when I realized that it's due back at the library tomorrow and since I only had 80 pages left. For a book about an illness that turns blondes into zombie-like maniacs it didn't have much action or carnage. It was mostly about the narrator's pregnancy and her affair with her married professor. There were only a few scenes depicting the blonde attacks, but I did enjoy those parts of the book.

Then I dove into my reading pile. The first book I chose to read was Baxter by Jessica Hamilton. It's about an evil dog in search of an owner like itself. It was a bizarre book. I enjoyed the chapters written from the dog's perspective. Baxter isn't a crazed killer like Cujo, he's cold and calculating. Overall, it was an all right read. There wasn't a lot of action, but it was short (144 pages) so it held my attention.

Books finished: The Blondes (I guess it doesn't really count, but I technically finished it) and Baxter

Total pages read: 224

Snacks consumed: Spinach dip and pumpernickel bread, Sweet Marie Bars, Hot Dog Lunchable, vanilla iced coffee

Next up: The Hollow Skull by Christopher Pike

Book Sentence Challenge

For this challenge, you have to use book titles to form a sentence. Here's what I came up with:

Behind the Door Something Stirs In the Dark After Midnight.

1 comment:

fakesteph said...

LOOOOVE your book sentence! Thanks for participating in our mini-challenge.