Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Halloween Overkill's 2011 Readathon Adventure

Jason, from Halloween Overkill, came up with a fun reading adventure for 2011. He chose 11 categories and the idea is to read one book for each category. Visit Halloween Overkill to find out more and read along. Here are the books I've chosen for each category:

1.  Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
     A book concerning time travel.

2.  Is the book better than the movie?
     A book that was adapted into a film.

3.  This thing is a paperweight!!!
     A book that is over 500 pages.
4.  A tribute to the Prince of Darkness.
     A book with Dracula as a character.
My pick: I Am Dracula by C. Dean Andersson

5.  Trick or Treat!!!
     A book that takes place on or during Halloween.
My pick: Wither by J.G. Passarella

6.  Just collecting dust.......
     A book you've owned for more than a year that has yet to be read.

7.  Next year is gonna suck.
     A book concerning the apocalypse or the end of the world.
My pick: Dark Advent by Brian Hodge

8.  Stranger than fiction.
     A non-fiction book concerning horror in some way shape or form.
My pick: The Amityville Horror by Jay Anson

9.  Old school master of horror.
     A book written by Stephen King.
My pick: Misery

10.  New school master of horror
      A book written by Brian Keene

11.  This stuff isn't just for adults.
      A young adult or teen horror novel

4 comments:

Bookhound78 said...

Great picks! Swan Song is absolutely amazing. I read it this past year for the first time and it's now one of my all-time favorites. Have fun with this challenge!

Will Errickson said...

I've got Hodge's Dark Advent on my to-read list too - it's got a wonderfully tasteless cover! Years ago I read & liked some of his other novels (Nightlife, Deathgrip). He seems to have moved on to crime fiction these days.

Darkeva said...

Hi Little Miss Zombie (cute name :-)), I found your blog through Man Eating Bookworm, and love it here! Your picks are excellent, dude -- especially "I am Dracula," which is a supreme choice if I may say so ;-)

Have a great weekend,
Darkeva

Melissa Helwig said...

Neal - Great that makes me even more excited to read it!

Will - Haha, yeah I love the cheesy cover. I wonder if it has anything to do with the book. I've never read anything by him before, but I'll have to check out those too if I like Dark Advent.

Darkeva - Thanks so much!