Wednesday, September 2, 2009

MOVIE REVIEW: Inside

After watching Cold Prey, and finding subtitles to not be as bad as I expected, I watched the French film Inside. I watched it with my pregnant roommate, who surprisingly didn't seem disturbed by it at all. Neither was I, grossed out, sure, but I wasn't impressed.

Inside is about a woman who wants a baby. She wants one bad enough to steal it. But not in the usual sense. She's going to cut it out of another woman's belly.

That's basically the whole plot. 90 minutes of a woman trying to cut a baby out of another woman's stomach and killing everyone who gets in her way. The storyline is unique and interesting, but there isn't much to it. And there's only one setting: the pregnant woman's house. There's not enough of a plot.

However, there is a lot of action and a lot of gore. The woman (she's never given a name in the film) uses a pair of scissors to brutally kill everyone who gets in her way. Inside is worth seeing just for the gore.

If you're not a fan of subtitles, you don't have to worry. There's barely any dialogue. Inside is all about the gore. So, if you're a fan of gory horror, check it out. I thought Inside was pretty overrated seeing as how every review I read claimed how disturbing it was.

Rating: 3/5

No comments: