Wednesday, December 3, 2008

BOOK NEWS: Jake's Wake

A new John Skipp book, co-authored with Cody Goodfellow, will be released January 9, 2009 from Leisure. Here's the blurb:

A crooked TV evangelist who preached eternal life proves himself right, on one score at least, when he returns from the dead at his own wake and sets out to slaughter everyone who he thinks has wronged him.

I can't wait for it to come out. I'm a huge John Skipp fan. I haven't read anything by Cody Goodfellow, but I think I'll check him out.

Fangoria has already reviewed the book and gave it a 3.5/4 rating. In the review they gave away some exciting news: "
JAKE'S WAKE is currently in production to be made into a low-budget film and THE LONG LAST CALL will soon follow. Skipp intends to direct both features." Wow two films based on John Skipp's books AND directed by him? Sounds awesome!

Here's the creepy book trailer from YouTube.

No comments: